Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Why I Love Beachbody

This post could easily get out of hand. There are so many reasons why I love Beachbody. Their programs, products, service, equipment, mission... the list goes on and on. They are a top notch company, producing top notch systems to help any and every type of person reach their healthy living goals. Beachbody is quality through and through. This morning, one of the main reasons I love Beachbody came up as it was taped to my kitchen cabinets... community and support!

About a year ago, I joined a team and got a free Beachbody coach (yes, I emailed to make sure it was free). He readily answered my emails and questions over the 90 days of P90X. He was supportive, and even had a forum that I plugged into once in a while. Sometime during April, my coach posted about a new Insanity program and a challenge group that was about to start. Our team was going to take on another coach's team for pride, glory, and even infomercial spots! I was hooked. I ordered the program and was added to a private Facebook group.

I didn't know what to expect. I checked in and slowly began to post more. Oddly, after a couple weeks, it was like I had known these strangers my whole. We shared our struggles, triumphs, and cheered each other on. It was awesome!

Our team ended up annihilating the competition. They could have never matched the heart that was poured out by our group, and I know it was all because of the community that had formed. We all cared about one another and wanted to see everyone succeed. We were like-minded and driven by the same goals.

The truly crazy thing was that we all decided to meet... and surprise our coach... in his home town... in Oklahoma. Weird I know. Internet friends? I still hesitate getting into the whole internet thing when I retell this story to family and friends. We set everything up through his wife and it turned out to be a once in a lifetime experience. The friendships that began on a message board were now flesh and blood. I could now see and hear the voices behind the posts that encouraged me to push harder and be better. We all shared a coach who invested in our lives and had the common experience of working out each day for the entire program. Some of these guys were -100 lbs from the beginning of their Beachbody journey! All from a coach who just wanted us to succeed and a group of people that took his lead and ran together along the way.

I am so happy to say that the 15+ fitness crazy internet friends are still friends (now real friends!). We still "meet" online and cheer each other on towards our new goals. I am so glad that I decided to try a new Beachbody program last April.

That brings me to this morning. My wife, Erin, did a little sneaking around and got a hold of all my workout buddies. She sent them some sort of email asking what their favorite things were about me. She then mounted their replies on card-stock and hung them on our kitchen cabinets. I walked through the kitchen this morning and hit the lights like any other day... surrounding me were some of the kindest words I have ever received. I am still not sure if I have earned all of their complements, but I know I am so blessed to have such good friends. Friends that all took a risk to change their life. Friends that decided on a program, committed to that program, and experienced life changing success.

I snapped a few photos of our kitchen. I can't think of a clearer way to show you why I love Beachbody and how it brings out the best in people (and the best people). This is exactly why I coach, and why I want to pay it forward. Just think if everyone had this kind of community and support? Keep bringing it!

David Jeffries
coachdavid@teamperformancex.com





1 comment:

  1. And these weren't even all of them! Thanks for your help, guys!

    ReplyDelete