- I followed the Fat Shredder percentages for about 45 of the 90 days. Eating 50% protein, 30% carbohydrates, and 20% fat. I moved to 40p/40c/20f during the remainder of the round.
- I ran a deficit for the entire round. I began eating 1,600 calories a day and slowly worked up to eating roughly 2,000-2,200 calories a day as I needed more energy for the workouts.
- I did not cheat! I ate only food that came off of the P90X Shopping List. I measured and weighed all of my portions and planned ahead. It was much easier for me to get into a routine and eat the same things each day, so I didn't really make any of the meals from the Nutrition Guide.
- I logged all of my food on myfitnesspal.com. They have a huge database of prerecorded food items and adding your own recipes and meals is super easy. You can set custom goals and then change your percentages to what you need (Fat Shredder for me!).
- For those times when I thought I needed sweets or other treats, I found standbys that filled in. I ate popcorn with FF butter spray, sugar free jello, flavored water packets for my water, and Pure Protein bars.
- I loaded my carbohydrates in the morning and ate more protein and vegetables for dinner. I ended most days with either cottage cheese or egg whites to fuel my body during the night.
Make sure you cozy up with your nutrition guide! Your commitment to what you eat and fuel your body with for the next 90 days will decide just how drastically you can change. Nutrition is 80% of the weight loss equation. Here is a quick overview of what I did during my round of P90X and then The Asylum.
Nutrition Part I - Calorie Formula, Food List, Fat Shredder
Nutrition Part II - Nutrient Timing