Monday, January 2, 2012

P90X2 - Core

January 2, 2012 - It has begun!


So I have jumped the gun and started P90X2. TeamRIPPED will be officially starting on January 16th, but I have decided to begin a little early. I am going to lengthen the Foundation Phase and do my official start on the 16th still. This will give me 5 weeks of much needed balance and core work.

X2 Core was a lot of fun. The workout was on the shorter end of things and featured 18 different moves... no repeats! I could feel everything as we went. This is totally different than any other workout I have been doing. It was very challenging and yet really rewarding when I was about to focus in and find my balance. I really liked the medicine ball, one leg burpees at the end. At first I thought, "Oh really nice... I am wiped out and I need to kick back on one leg while holding a medicine ball?" But I brought it and by the last 6 reps, I had found the pace and balance.

I snapped some photos of the garage too! I moved out there to pick up some head room and offer the family much needed silence in the AM. Who knew an 18-month old doesn't want to be woken up at 4:00 in the morning? And wait, Mom doesn't care for that either... hmmmmm?


It is cluttered, but I still have to be able to get the shop up and running from time to time in the winter.


Good ol' pull-up bar.... how I love you...


That's what was outside... and inside sort of, did I mention the garage is not insulated?



Layers are a must... I was able to lose the sweatshirt and gloves. The hat stayed on!

653 calories later and I am so glad to be started. I am going to be hitting ABX in the evenings, so that is still on deck today. Not enough time in the mornings before school. Got to go out and play with my son in the sled and then shovel/snowblow. A nice little added burn I suppose. My eating is officially on track today as well. Have a great day and BRING IT AGAIN!

Blessings,
David Jeffries
davidcjeffries@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment