Tuesday, January 3, 2012

P90X2 - Plyocide


PLYOCIDE!!!

Oh yes, jump training is back and the new workout is awesome. I gave this workout a test drive last week... I enjoyed it, but didn't leave it all out on the field. This week was different. I knew more of the moves... I didn't waste the first 5 seconds watching Tony... I got after it! 

Plyocide is a shorter workout, a bit over 50 minutes (with warm up and cool down). Tony has it right though; it is all about turning up the volume on this one. How high can you jump? Are you doing full squats when directed? Are you toe tapping or staying balanced? Did you do you push-ups for punishment? If you are doing every move with 100% effort, there is no way that you won't be spent.

My favorite thing about this workout is that there are no repeats. There are five different distinct sets of moves. The pace is fast and some moves still have that currently bothersome element of balance (though I am already noticing improvements). I really enjoy the Frog Burpee Jumps (at least I think that is what they were called). Those send my HR through the roof. I was able to manage 13 today. Big improvement from last week. All in all, I love this workout.

My diet has been great for 2 days now! It has seemed pretty easy to fall back into the swing of things. I have noticed that some of my bad habit had crept back... a few M&M's here... bigger serving there... but not anymore! I have decided on my goals, committed to them, and I will succeed! 

Blessing and BRING IT!
David Jeffries

No comments:

Post a Comment