Monday, March 28, 2011

The Man Cave

The beauty of P90X and the other Beachbody products is that you really can do them at home, in the living room, and without much equipment. I did my entire first round in the living room, in front of the family TV. It was good, but a little inconvenient for my wife. With our son getting older, and just being busy in general, I had to find a place and time to work out. I relocated to the basement and the Man Cave (PlyoX is in the garage). I also began to workout at 4 am. Yes it is a little extreme, but I have 30-40 minute commute and needed time in the evenings for my family. It was a little difficult to get up in the beginning, but I now really look forward to it. I haven't missed the sleep at all. It also sets up my eating pretty well (starts my first meal at 5:30ish).

So what does your workout area look like? Is it a specialized room or temporally converted living room? Well here is my space!

The Man Cave - Main space...

I play the DVDs on my computer and pump some of my own tunes in place of the P90X stuff. Lots of junk.










Manly Yoga Mat - Let over carpet... pad attached!






And yes that is a rifle... I ran out of cases. I had taken one from my father and he needed it back. It is a little Marlin 336 in .35 Remington. Fun lever action!

Oh and the piano came with the house... :(
I had a friend look at it once and say, "when I was working for a moving company, we called those widow makers... we always charged extra to get those out."









Mirror, Weights, and Chuck



With the adjustable dumbbells and some odds and ends, I can do it all. I had another Olympic set of weight and use it for rows (lawnmowers). Tony is right about getting strong from pull-ups. I am now pulling 75 lbs for rows.













So what does your space look like? I would love to see it! Mine is nothing glamorous... but it works. Keep bringing it and God bless.



2 comments:

  1. Nice job with the commitment David! I've started P90X twice. The first time I did mornings and lasted about a month. The second time I did after work and lasted about 2 months. Both times I ended up getting sick and after a week or two of not being able to work out, never quite got back into it.

    Now that the weather is getting nicer, I've decided to start up some running, with P90X for upper-body on the days I don't run.

    From your Facebook posts and looking at your blog, it looks like you've put a lot of effort in, I mean, besides the working out and eating right. Are you looking to coach once you complete your 90 days?

    Anywho, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It has been a blast. I am trying to write things that I have found interesting in other people's blogs and site. I hope some of it is helpful! I have thought about coaching a bit... I just need to see what time commitment that would really be and what my goals would be in coaching. I would love to help people though! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete