Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 42 - Almost halfway home...

So I decided to start this blog a little later into the program than I would have liked. I do however feel much more informed on the topic of P90x and what goes into making it a success. Posted here will be updates and encouragement for those wishing to complete P90x or those just wanting to following along with my progress.

Last fall, Aug 2010 - Nov 2010, I completed one round of P90x. I committed to the program fully and used the portion plan that was included with the nutrition guide. I ended up getting stronger and losing 21 lbs. (186 to 165), but I never got ripped like the infomercials. I can hear a lot of people saying... well those are the infomercials... you can't expect those results. But I didn't buy it... did I really go hard enough? So I took some time off and returned to some of my less than desirable eating habits.

After the New Year, my wife got started working out and frankly I was jealous. I looked for a way that I could work out as well. P90x is a large commitment. The DVDs are all about one hour in length, and with a 6 month old... an hour in the evening was not an option for long. Planning what to eat takes time as well. Erin made it possible for me to work out in the evening after John went to bed, but it was getting old. I decided to move to morning workouts, and I can tell you it was the best decision yet. I feel great before work and love knowing that I have it already accomplished for the day. It is never hanging over my head.

I attribute my success and progress so far with my coach. Beachbody uses free coaching and coaches as a way to sell their products. It is MLM, but the guy I found is truly just passionate about fitness and the BB products (he even told me not to buy something because of the price... he is truly a great guy). His name is Wayne Wyatt. He might just have the most amazing transformation I have ever seen. I looked at what he did in 90 days and said, "I must know what he did... I could copy him exactly!" His site, www.teamripped.com, has been a HUGE resource. Wayne directed me on a deficit diet. Back to my first round, I was eating 2400-2600 calories a day. Fine for my weight, and I still lost some, but way too much to really drop fat. I settled on a 1600 calorie plan for the first 30 days at P90x's Fat Shredder percentages (50 pro/ 30 carb/ 20 fat).  I have stayed at those percentages but bumped my calories to roughly 1800-1900. Man has it worked! I started this round at 168 lbs. and by day 30, I was down to 159 while still growing muscle.

I currently am hovering at 158 lbs. I have gone as low as 156, but I seem to be staying put as I lose body fat and gain muscle. I am hoping to put back on some weight in the form of lean muscle through the last 30 days. I will have to adjust my intake and percentages to achieve it.

So, that is a quick overview! Stick around and check in. I will do my best to post frequently and with posts that go into more detail about the actual program and things that I have found helpful.

God Bless,
David

1 comment:

  1. I've been using hydration powder for months now, and it has been a great addition to my daily routine. I love that it's so easy to make and is the perfect way to stay hydrated during the day. Highly recommend it!

    I recently had the pleasure of using myinstantiv for the first time, and I am so impressed! The customer service was friendly and knowledgeable, and the quality of their IV vitamin drip was top-notch. I will definitely be using MyInstantIV again in the future and highly recommend them.

    their site

    ReplyDelete