Wednesday, April 13, 2011

1MR Review


Pre-workout supplements are everywhere. Many promise to do almost everything. My first experience with a pre-workout was in college and was with N.O. Xplode from BSN. It was pretty amazing stuff back in the day. It had this little bit of fizz and it really gave me HUGE focus. I just wanted to keep pushing. I know that the formula has changed over the years, so I tried some not too long ago. Where was the love? No perceivable increase in focus, marginal energy, and no pump. I have also use Gaspari's SuperPumpMax. I talk to that in an earlier supplement overview post, so I won't take the time now.

On to my new experiment, BPI's 1MR (1 More Rep). I found it on Amazon for $30 and free shipping. I had been hearing great things about the product and needed to see for myself. 1MR takes aim at other "concentrated" formula (*cough* Jack3d *cough*), stating you only need one scoop. No more! Ever. I was first shocked at how small the bottle was. If you've bought Jack3d before, very similar size. There are 28 full servings.

I took my first serving before a PlyoX session. After shaking it with the recommended 6-8 oz of water, I downed the fruit punch mix. It had mixed completely and was not hard to finish. The taste was enjoyable. I had gotten up at 3:45 am to take the 1MR (with a little window to let it work its magic) and sweep the garage. By 4:05, I was getting my knees up and moving some blood around. The first thing I noticed was flushed, itchy ears. I believe this is from the Niacin in 1MR. It hung around for a while but was not annoying. My realization of the effects 1MR came after the first two sets of PlyoX. I remember thinking about whether I could feel it working, and almost as quickly as I had that thought I said, "Man Plyo is a breeze today!" I was getting upset at Tony for not getting into the next move quickly enough. I was extending each move (an extra 10-15 seconds) to make use of the down time. 1MR really allowed me to push out one more rep. It is intense and it is the real deal.

How would I rate it?
Energy 10/10  Taste 8/10   Pump 9/10   Focus 10/10  Face-Redness 7/10 -it could have been redder :)


Diclaimer - you could read this on the bottle. If you are sensitive to stimulants... this is not for you! Super intense and does include a fair dose of caffeine.


Cool video from a 1MR - Win a trip to Arnold - contest. Enjoy and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment